Volunteer Locally with LCC
Volunteer locally with LCC in various capacities using your unique gifts and talents!
Simply fill out the form below.
Not sure what role would be right for you?
Complete our Volunteer Abilities Checklist and an LCC volunteer leader will contact you to talk through how you can be part of our exciting and successful team that is Making A Difference every day.
- Pickup and delivery of in-kind donations of food, furniture, clothing etc.
- Data base entry, filing, preparing mailings, stuffing brochures, assisting different departments with specialized tasks.
- Provide specialized, licensed service, at no or low cost. Services like plumbing repairs, electrical repairs, heating and air conditioning, roofing, tree removal, dental and medical service, real-estate services, counseling etc.
- Personalized services, providing transportation to appointments, tutoring, child care, no cost respite care, being a friend providing emotional, spiritual care and encouragement. Being an English conversation friend to those learning English as a second language.
- Help with maintenance or construction at the LCC headquarters.
- Serve on boards and committees or provide special professional services at no cost to LCC or people being served.
- Assisting with congregational events: pig roast, health clinics, assisting with special local events of congregations needing volunteers.
- Assisting LCC with special events like the annual K-9 Conference, K-9 training events, LERT training events, monthly “22” dinners.
- Assisting Mission and Ministry organizations for special events like volunteers who helped prepare and distribute Christmas bags for residential facilities for developmentally disabled etc.
- Deployment during disaster or crises to listen to survivors stories, serve as prayer partners, serve in the distribution center, serve as translators, deliver water, snacks, and meals to workers & home owners, food service, photographers.
Volunteer with Other Organizations
Volunteer with LCC ‘s partner ministries. Occasionally, LCC receives requests from partner ministries that are in need of volunteers for various events or projects.
Commitment: hours or days but not longer than a week.
Commitment: 1-6 months hourly or a full day once a week.